Thursday 9 October 2014

100 Happy Days Challenge




Yes I did it. Yeeeaaaa!!



I can proudly say I am among the 29% of people who actually finished the challenge. Yippee!!



This was inspired by my colleague at work. I saw her doing it on Instagram and I thought to myself, I think I should jump on this bandwagon. What gave me the final push was how happy she looked in her photos and going through her photos it did put a smile on my face. So I thought, why not, And Doris’ 100 Happy Day Challenge was born on the 1st of July 2014.



100 Happy Days!!





Whatever I put my mind to, I see it all the way to the end and I knew I was setting myself up for something here, I wasn’t sure what but I knew it was going to be something. I started this challenge knowing I have made a commitment to being happy, a commitment to train my mind to look for the good in each day, a commitment to give a blind eye to negativity and upsets. I made a commitment to myself to be a happier person and this changed my perspective on so many things in life including the way I dealt with situations that were completely out of my control.




You are in charge of your happiness. You are the sole happiness proprietor of your soul.




I did mine on Instagram and before I can say I posted stuff for likes and other times just because I could, but as I got into the challenge, all the urge for likes disappeared and that was replaced by an urge to show the world what actually put a smile on my face. I didn’t care about people’s judgement. If it made me happy I posted it. That alone is happiness on its own. Not living for the approval of men, not living for likes and not doing things because you’re scared of how you might be perceived. That was a junk I got rid of and made space for all things happy.


If you live for men’s approval, you will die of their criticism


This challenge made me appreciate the little things. I am not going to tell you it was all happy days and honky dory because it wasn’t. I won’t lie to you and tell you that I was automatically happy and good things started happening to me, no. Neither will I tell you that I became richer or that every day was Christmas, because it wasn’t. However, what made the difference was the ability and the willingness this challenge created in me to look for the good in every bad situation, the blessing in every setback and to see the rainbow during the storm. It opened my eyes to the positives of life and closed my eyes to a lot of negativity.



If there was one thing this challenge taught me it’ll be, it could be worse.



Life is too short for moaning, sulking, whining, complaining and bearing grudges. If you can spend that time being happy, be happy if you can spend that time spreading happiness, spread happiness. Just strive to keep that smile on your face. If something is not going your way, change the way you look at it and deal with it differently. Whatever you do, remember a deep rotted happiness comes from within and it is tied to no man.



I urge you all to do it if you haven’t already. It is a challenge worth taking. However bear in mind it is a CHALLENGE. As simple as it may sound, as happy as it may look, some days you have to fight a little harder to see the sunshine. Some days you will not see any sunshine at all but take a deep breath and remember how blessed you are just to be in the land of the living. Other times it may be the smallest thing that put a smile on your face, go for it and don’t let judgemental people stop you from posting it.



Can You?







Be happy and Spread Happiness whenever you can.





Till then




Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Passing By, Feel Free To Leave A Line or Two