Bucket list i guess derived from the phrase ''to kick the bucket'' which means to die. So the Bucket list is simply a list of things or should i say dreams that you wish to achieve before the death bell.
Sometimes in life, we are hindered by so many things such as Fear,money,family & friends, time, religion & beliefs, insecurities and sometimes we are just waiting for that perfect time. There is no perfect time, if it happens allow it to take it course and enjoy every bit of it. Other times we are held back by the fear of failure, well i always say if you don't try, you will never know. Your life is yours to live and if anything, make a vow to yourself that you will live it to the best of your abilities. Taking risks is a vital part of living life and just in case you haven't noticed, life itself is a risk and a big one too....so live a little and give all setbacks a back kick!
Having said that,here lies my Bucket List. Some are fears and some are just mere adventures and utter bravery but again, some to you might seem like a piece of cake. It all depends on the individual i guess.
However,this will be a regularly updated list as i'll be striking them out as they are achieved.
Here goes, in no particular order (in my X-Factor voice)
- Learn how to Swim
- Learn how to ride a bicycle (Don't ask me what i was doing during my childhood)
- Learn how to drive a car (automatic of course, i like easy life)
- Write my own book (Just One)
- Open my own business ( the idea is but a dream but you'll hear all bout it In Jesus Name)
- Meet and shake hands with Usher Raymond ( I have liked that singer since i was a child)
- Save a Life (animal or human)
- Buy a house and fill it with love and laughter ( Africa or abroad...doesn't matter )
- Adopt a Child
- Make a difference in someone's life at least once a month. (I really want to)
- Read the entire bible ( started when i was a child but i think i got distracted)
- Distinguish the difference between my right and left in matter of seconds (What a shame aye?)
- Be a pro in at least one sport. ( maybe basketball & maybe not a pro but at least to a level where i can boast. sad!)
- Get married to someone i love ( I am human...& some might not see this as an achievement but marry the wrong person then you'll learn!)
- Ride a horse (Help me Baby Jesus!)
- Ride in a Limousine (yes!)
- Spend a weekend in the poshest hotel with a loved one. ( a girl gotta live! )
- Learn how to speak one more language Fluently (Preferably Spanish or French...don't ask why)
- Have healthy Kids (Of Course..maybe 2)
- Own my very own designer bag ( i'm not a vain person but i'll love a Louis Vuitton bag)
- Learn how to play at least one musical instrument ( preferably the Piano..so far my expertise stops at Do Re Mi )
- Overcome my fear of heights ( Scary business )
- Go on Bungee Jumping (I'm not scared but i'll love the adventure)
- Travelling and i mean loads of it.( China,Spain,Egypt,Brazil,Ghana,Tanzania, and so many others)
- Learn how to cook a Chinese dish..(especially King Prawn Fried Rice) YUM!
- Visit Disney ( Yes, and act like a kid for a day, a whole day without a care in the world!)
- Win a meaningful sum of money in the lottery. (Just want to win something, you know that lucky feeling)
- Have one more tattoo (hopefully there will be no more)
- Kick my very old bad habit which is Biting my lips ( yep..no one is perfect and that habit my friend, stinks)
- Develop and learn the art of Forgiveness and forgoing grudge ( Boy...i'm a class act in that. Very bad!)
- Create a life worth living for me and my entire family ( filled with all the goodies in life, by God's grace)
|If you haven't watched this movie before,please do. It's funny and there is a lesson to be learnt as well which is ....you are never too old or too young to achieve your dreams and it shouldn't take death to teach or push us to start living!|
My advice is,if you want to do anything go for it. If the opprotunity arises, grab it because sometimes they only pass us once. Forget about what people think and live for yourself. The crowd is always going to be there and you will always have to interprete the noise for yourself, whether its a cheer or a Booo.....just bear in mind that your life is your stage and you can either put up the performance of a lifetime or shoot for failure and fear and eventually get booted off your very own stage.
Break the fear and take a risk....if you make a mistake, at least it will be your mistake.
WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT RISKS? bORRRinGG!
Go on and create a list of your own and while doing it,have some fun too :)